Apr 04, 2020
Course Requirements for Major
Program Requirements: 30 credit hours
Sport Management Electives: 6 credit hours
Choose two (2) below
Field Experience: 12-15 credit hours
Cognate Requirements: 23 credit hours
Choose three courses from the list below:
Total for Major 65-68 credit hours
Liberal Arts 29: credit hours
General Electives: 23-26 credit hours
Total for Degree: 120 credit hours
* Students must have a 2.5 GPA in the major to complete a practicum experience and a 2.7 GPA in the major to complete the internship experience.
- The program, field experience, and cognates require a combined minimum 2.50 GPA
- Only 3 credit hours of SMG 285 /SMG 485 count toward the major.
- Transfer students must complete a minimum of 18 credits within program requirements, field experience and cognates at Siena Heights University. For Sport Management majors at least 12 of these 18 hours must be “SMG” courses (excluding SMG 280 and SMG 480 ).
- SMG 280 , SMG 475 , SMG 480 , and SMG 495 must be taken at Siena Heights University.
- MKT 310 must be completed at Siena Heights University.
- See specific Business and Management Division requirements.
Accounting: 15 Credit Hours
Health Care Management: 15 Credit Hours
Information Technology Management : 15 Credit Hours
Entrepreneurship: 15 Credit Hours
International Business: 16 Credit Hours
Management: 15 Credit Hours
- Three management courses above MGT 302 : 9 Credit Hours
- Two approved business electives other than MGT, at least one at 300/400 level: 6 Credit Hours
Marketing: 15 Credit Hours
- Three marketing courses above MKT 310 : 9 Credit Hours
- Two approved business electives other than MKT, at least one at 300/400 level: 6 Credit Hours