Apr 08, 2020
Course Requirements for Major
Program Requirements: 61 Credit Hours
Art Courses: 28 Credit Hours
Art Core Media Studies: 12 Credit Hours
Choose four (4) of the following (may not be double counted)
Approved Art Studio Concentration Courses: 21 Credit Hours
Choose from Ceramics, Painting & Drawing, Photography, Printmaking & Book Arts or Scupture
Art History Courses: 12 Credit Hours
Cognate Requirements: 12 Credit Hours
- TSD 101 Fundamentals Of Speech Communication 3 credit hours
- Nine hours from: Mathematics, Science, Social Science, Literature, History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, or Foreign Language (Students may not double count these courses. They must be in addition to the Liberal Arts requirements) 9 credit hours
Total for Major: 82 Credit Hours
Liberal Arts: 22-23 Credit Hours
General Electives: 12-13 Credit Hours
Total for Degree: 120 Credit Hours
- Sculpture that is taken to satisfy foundation requirements may also be counted in the Sculpture or Ceramics concentration.
- Drawing that is taken to satisfy foundation requirements may also be counted in the Painting & Drawing concentration.
- Digital Concepts that is taken to satisfy foundation requirements may also be counted in the Photography concentration.
- All BFA students must successfully complete the Sophomore Critique process beginning in the sophomore year, when admission to the BFA program is determined.
- All BFA students must complete the Junior Critique process beginning in the junior year.
- All BFA students must complete a one-person exhibition.
- Art majors must earn a grade of “C-” or better in all art and art history courses.
- Any student wishing to continue in sequential art courses must have earned a grade of “C-” or better in all designated prerequisites.
Transfer Student Requirements
- Residency requirements for transfer students in Art:
- Transfer students for the BA degree must:
- Take a minimum of twelve credit hours in studio at Siena Heights University.
- Transfer students for the Bachelor of Fine Arts degree must:
- Take ART 495 Senior Exhibition and have a one-person show.
- Take a minimum of fifteen credit hours in studio at Siena Heights University.
- Have a faculty critique before the senior project exhibition.
- Transfer student portfolios
- Transfer students should present a portfolio of studio work to the Art Department Chair for placement into the correct studio level.